Protect yourself online. Learn more.

We're here to help

8227 1970

The Law Relating To Children

The Law Relating To Children

The Family Law Act takes the view that parenting is the responsibility in most cases of both parents. Parents should seek to reach agreement with each other on major issues affecting their children. If you cannot reach agreement you should consider using a family dispute resolution practioner to help resolve any dispute. The Family Law Act provides it is a requirement before making an application to the court in most cases that there be a genuine attempt at family dispute resolution.

The Australian Government has established Sixty-five Family Relationship Centres throughout Australia as a source of information and confidential assistance for families at all stages in their lives. Centres have a focus on providing family dispute resolution (mediation) to enable separating families achieve workable parenting arrangements outside the Court system. The Centres are funded by the Australian Government. Click the Link for South Australia.

There are also non government and private family dispute resolution practioners and your family lawyer can help you find an experienced family dispute resolution practioner

If agreement cannot be reach with the assistance of a family dispute resolution practioneraseek advise from an experienced family lawyer who can work with you to explore other dispute resolution options including Collaborative Practice and Court process.

Call us now on 8227 1970 and we will chat with you over the phone free of charge.

Family law, divorce, wills and estate specialist family lawyers for Adelaide and South Australia.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Nothing in this blog should be deemed to create or constitute a solicitor-client relationship between any readers and Swan Family Lawyers. A solicitor-client relationship is created only when this firm agrees to represent someone and a written engagement agreement or engagement letter is signed by both the client and solicitor. In all cases, the reader should consult his or her own solicitor for advice. The information in this blog is based on Australian law.