Protect yourself online. Learn more.

We're here to help

8227 1970

Wills and Estates Specialist Family Lawyers

Power of Attorney Specialist Lawyers

A Will is legally enforced after your death. Enduring Power of Attorney and Advance Care Directives however are activated if a person who made them becomes incapacitated. They are like a “living will”; they indicate your wishes for your financial and personal affairs should you become incapacitated. We can prepare an Enduring Power of Attorney which gives power to a person you choose to act for you in organising your financial affairs if circumstances arise.

A Power of Attorney is a document which authorises another person to deal with your legal and financial affairs.

A Power of Attorney operates whilst you are alive and ceases on your death.

If you don’t have a Power of Attorney and become mentally incapable of handling your affairs there are 2 options:

  1. SACAT can appoint an administrator
  2. The Supreme Court can appoint a manager of your affairs

Making a Power of Attorney whilst you have capacity will avoid the expense and complications of an administrator being appointed through SACAT or a manager by the Supreme Court.

Call us now on 8227 1970 to find out how one of our solicitors can assist you with your family law matter.

Family law, divorce, wills and estate specialist family lawyers for Adelaide and South Australia.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.