Protect yourself online. Learn more.

We're here to help

8227 1970

Mediation - ​ A Better Way

Mediation - ​ A Better Way

mediation a better way

Mediation works better than the adversarial process to resolve family property and children’s issues

There will always be litigation. Some parents will always need a judge to make the final orders relating to their children. The use of mediation in family courts works better than the adversarial process to resolve family property and children’s issues. Orders that judges make after hearing evidence are not as effective or as long-lasting as mediated agreements. Mediation offers the best opportunity for parents to be reminded of their obligations to their children that continue even after they separate.

The role of the mediator is to:

· Facilitate a constructive discussion about the issues

· Ensure the process is fair and safe

· Assist the parties with mutual decision-making

· Act impartially and independently.

A person who is considering filing an application to start a court case must first invite the other party to participate in dispute resolution.

Christopher Swan is a skilled and accredited mediator who possess a range of qualifications including being a family law specialist, Collaborative Practitioner, Accredited Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.

Call us now on 8227 1970 and we will chat with you over the phone free of charge.

Family law, divorce, wills and estate specialist family lawyers for Adelaide and South Australia.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Nothing in this blog should be deemed to create or constitute a solicitor-client relationship between any readers and Swan Family Lawyers. A solicitor-client relationship is created only when this firm agrees to represent someone and a written engagement agreement or engagement letter is signed by both the client and solicitor. In all cases, the reader should consult his or her own solicitor for advice. The information in this blog is based on Australian law.