Protect yourself online. Learn more.

We're here to help

8227 1970


Am I entitled to Spousal Maintenance?

Tuesday, 29 August, 2017

​ Spousal Maintenance is a form of financial support given from one spouse/de facto partner to another spouse/de facto partner to assist them with their reasonable living expenses.

Read more

Prenuptial Agreements

Wednesday, 2 August, 2017
prenuptial agreements

Prenuptial Agreements can help couples plan their financial future

Read more

Step-parent liability for child support

Wednesday, 19 July, 2017
step parent liability for child support

Step-parents can be responsible to provide support for their former partner’s child.

Read more

Murray's Mine!

Wednesday, 31 May, 2017
disputes regarding animals are becoming more common in Court

Whether Murray is a pet dog, cat or magpie, he can be the centre of much angst.

Read more

Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice

Thursday, 4 May, 2017
interdisciplinary collaborative practice

Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice offers the opportunity for families going through relationship breakdown to access the right professionals that best suit their needs. Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice offers a flexible holistic team response to family breakdown. Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice recognises the need for families to be given the assistance of professionals from differing disciplines including child and Family consultants, psychologists, financial planners or accountants and lawyers, to resolve their dispute without the need for Court.

Read more

Do you, as a grandparent, have the right to spend time with your grandchildren?

Tuesday, 11 April, 2017
do you as a grandparent have the right to spend time with your grandchildren

Section 65C(ba) of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) (“the Act”) provides that a grandparent is able to apply for a parenting order. A grandparent is able to make application to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia for their grandchildren to live with, spend time with and/or communicate with them if it is in the children’s best interests.

Read more

The Role of a Family Relationship Consultant

Thursday, 6 April, 2017
the role of a family relationship consultant

The best way for people who are divorcing to resolve any disputes is to use a Collaborative professional team.

Read more

Am I in a De Facto Relationship?

Tuesday, 21 March, 2017
am i in a de facto relationship

A de facto relationship is defined in Section 4AA of the Family Law Act 1975. The Act provides that a person is in a de facto relationship with another person, whether they be of the same or of the opposite sex, if they have a relationship as a couple living together on a genuine domestic basis.

Read more

What Is a Child Support Agreement?

Tuesday, 28 February, 2017

The child support legislation allows parents to reach agreement on the amount of child support to be paid. A child support agreement must meet the requirements of the legislation and has to include matters that can be dealt with in a child support agreement. Once parents have made a child support agreement, either parent can apply to the Registrar to have it accepted.

Read more

When to mediate

Thursday, 12 January, 2017
when to mediate

Consider the benefits of mediation before litigation

Read more

Call us now on 8227 1970 and we will chat with you over the phone free of charge.

Family law, divorce, wills and estate specialist family lawyers for Adelaide and South Australia.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Nothing in this blog should be deemed to create or constitute a solicitor-client relationship between any readers and Swan Family Lawyers. A solicitor-client relationship is created only when this firm agrees to represent someone and a written engagement agreement or engagement letter is signed by both the client and solicitor. In all cases, the reader should consult his or her own solicitor for advice. The information in this blog is based on Australian law.