Protect yourself online. Learn more.

We're here to help

8227 1970


Four Rules for Newly Separated Parents

Monday, 4 May, 2020
four rules for newly separated parents

Here at Swan Family Lawyers we understand that co-parenting post separation can be extremely challenging – especially if the relationship did not end amicably.

Read more

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and executing your Will

Friday, 3 April, 2020
novel coronavirus Covid19 and executing your will

The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing the way in which people conduct their lives. The promotion of self-isolation and social distancing during this unprecedented period is encouraging businesses across the country to innovate. This includes legal practices.

Read more

Coronavirus and Co-Parenting

Monday, 30 March, 2020
coronavirus and co parenting

The COVID-19 pandemic has presented numerous challenges and sparked questions for family lawyers about co-parenting arrangements and handovers during periods of restriction and lockdown.

Read more

Co-Parenting Applications

Wednesday, 8 January, 2020
co parentings applications

Being able to effectively and respectfully communicate with a co-parent can be difficult. It is important, however, that your children can see their parents communicate and respect one another. Some cost more than a communication book but the transparency and accountability the apps provide may be very valuable.

Read more

Decorations Away and Looking to 2020

Thursday, 2 January, 2020
pilot program trial to provide a simpler process to help separating couples divide their property

Pilot program trialing for property pools under $500,000

Read more


Monday, 2 December, 2019

It's better to seek agreement with the other parent than seek parenting orders!

Read more

A closer look at Collaborative Practice

Friday, 29 November, 2019
a closer look at collaborative practice

Divorce and separation are life changing events. Most people will be touched by divorce in one way or another throughout their lives. We, as family lawyers, see firsthand the difficulty and uncertainty people face when going through a relationship breakdown. Separation not only affects the parties going through it, but their children, families and friends.

Read more

Gifts and Loans in Family Law

Thursday, 31 October, 2019
gifts and loans in family law

There is often confusion surrounding loans or gifts of money which are received by a party or parties to a relationship, and if or how these payments may be repaid upon separation.

Read more

Advance Care Directive

Thursday, 17 October, 2019
advance care directive

Have you recently prepared an Advance Care Directive?

Read more

Child support and school fees. Who pays?

Wednesday, 25 September, 2019
child support agreement - how to split school fees

Child support does not include payment of school fees unless there is a change of Change of Assessment by the Child Support Agency a Child Support Agreement or an order by the Court.

Read more

Call us now on 8227 1970 and we will chat with you over the phone free of charge.

Family law, divorce, wills and estate specialist family lawyers for Adelaide and South Australia.

Liability limited by a scheme approved under professional standards legislation.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Nothing in this blog should be deemed to create or constitute a solicitor-client relationship between any readers and Swan Family Lawyers. A solicitor-client relationship is created only when this firm agrees to represent someone and a written engagement agreement or engagement letter is signed by both the client and solicitor. In all cases, the reader should consult his or her own solicitor for advice. The information in this blog is based on Australian law.